Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm Back

I know many of you have been wondering where I got off to without notifying the entire blogging world, so I'm going to tell you.  My little eighty eight year old  mother, who was featured with my grandkids not long ago, had a minor heart attack on last Friday evening and I had to drive to San Antonio to be with her during her stint procedure.  She had a stint placed on the left side of her heart, and she will return in two weeks to have two more put in the right side.  She is back home and feeling much better.  While we were visiting, the woman who is responsible for my lifetime eating habits, coached me on good nutrition and avoiding heart attacks.  She had never had one minute's problem with her heart until last week.  I told her I was going to be sure and watch what I ate from now on because I sure didn't want to be having a heart attack when I got to be eighty eight.  She went home Sunday, and when I left yesterday she was looking pretty perky for someone who had just had a heart procedure done.  In fact she probably looked better than I did.  Thanks for filling up my inbox and continuing your comments even though they were not being posted in a timely fashion.  I'll be going back in about two weeks for her second procedure so there may be another lull.  I should have more notice this time and be able to cover with some pre-posting.  I'm resting today.  Have a great "hump day".