Sunday, September 7, 2008

Stressless Weekend

I had a fairly un-stressful Saturday. I went through my usual routine for the morning, making coffee (I had coffee and filters - no stress), reading the local newspaper, checking the blog (but not writing anything- no stress) and going with Bebe to our little Jackson Street Market Day. It was shorter than usual, so I was able to see it in record time. We ate out and refused to order more than we could eat so we were in fine. I returned home and did some chores, took a short motorcycle ride, and then settled in for all the college football I could watch in between naps. In short, I refused to do anything yesterday to cause stress. It is Sunday and I plan to continue my journey by beaching my raft in some secluded cove with a quiet beach and keeping my mind hooks in neutral. Any thought coming through with the potential to cause stress will be allowed to pass with very little cognitive energy. I hope you are able to do the same. Maxine has some a short list of things that cause stress.



Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. - W. C. Fields