Friday, April 11, 2008

Fragmented Flummery

Whew! If you are a regular on this site, then you probably participated in Sky Watch Friday. The mad hatter, Wom Tigley, over in the British Isles, is the master of ceremonies. So, many of us on this side of the pond, post on Thursday (after six) because of the time difference - We don't want to be late to the party. If you are posting today no problem. I am a second week expert in this internet, sky photo, Mardi Gras, so don't feel like you are behind. Today, I thought I would post something Western - but with a calm aura. I am wanting calm today. This little fawn (in Texas I'm told) came out to play with his cousins, the horses. They didn't seem to mind and he was later reunited with his mom. Lots of wisdom for us in this picture. All day yesterday was spent in preparation and anticipation of my world wide trip last evening. My ADHD will probably prevent me from ever again reaching the level of participation that I did last night. I stopped counting in the sixties, the number of different blogs I visited. The Hank Snow tune, "I've Been Everywhere," comes to mind. Some locales I was unsure of because the blog was written in a language I was unfamiliar with. I know I visited numerous places in the United States, Canada, British Isles, Australia, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Indonesia, Singapore, Portugal, and Belgium. I also got commenters from many of these locations. I was trying to make it through the entire list, but every time I went back to the list, it had increased by four or five participants. So, today my mind is fragmented and full of flummery.

I just want to go outside and sip a nice hot cup of coffee in my old tree swing and ponder life as a whole. My mind is always working. Why would people put themselves through an exercise like this? Well, no matter where we are, we are all God's creatures and we are curious about others and how they live out their lives. Early tribes created totem poles to tell the historical stories of their clans, but communication was limited and sometimes they passed from the scene before they passed their story on orally. Today, when we find these treasures, we must imagine what they were trying to tell us. All I have to do is go to your blog site, look at your offerings there, ask some questions, and I have some idea of how we are related. Have a great weekend and come by often for a visit.

Stake Your Totem

Chop the tree.
Carve the wood.
Tell the story of your clan.

Stake your totem
on the seashore
hoping all the world will see.

Who will be left
when others pass
to pass the epic on?

Unlock the past
without a key?

Learned men
will cogitate,
extrapolate, pontificate,
but in the end they speculate.

Dennis Price

In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts; they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty. - Ralph Waldo Emerson