Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

It's Tuesday. I got an e-mail from president Obama today. The temperature outside is hovering near one hundred and has been there for several weeks now. My yard is turning brown. Absurdity is the order of the day in DC. I have been eating to keep my mind occupied and my pants are getting tighter. I've noticed the older I get, the older I look. What's up with that? Could I be losing it? Oh sure, some of you think I've alread lost it. How did Obama know I was interested in knowing why he appointed Sotomayor? His reasoning gave me no comfort.

Where Does Space End?

The thought

should be enough to give us pause.

A picture of eternity.

A tiring mind push.

So, we create reality.

A show to watch.

A triviality.

A gothic play

that lacks originality.

So much knowledge.

So little wisdom.

Perhaps if we had no food

we could focus.

We don’t leave the mirror

long enough to care.

Our lives are air.

It’s all about what’s fair.

Rights without responsibility.

It will not last.

It never has.

The cycle will repeat and

we’ll be forced to scratch

for scraps of bread.

And,

for a while we’ll understand

the beauty of a loaf.


Dennis Price