Sunday, March 8, 2009

Springtime

Last night we sprung forward into daylight savings time and I thought of Spring. I found this painting on the web by Jack Terry of Georgetown, TX,
and thought it would highlight a poem I wrote a while back. I know some of you are still having snow and cold, but hopefully this will give some hope that Spring is on the way. My little oaks out front are budding and putting on new leaves as we move from the brown of Winter to the color of Spring here in the Valley. Have a wonderful Sunday as we take time to consider God the creator.

COULD AUGHT BUT GOD MAKE SPRING?

Could aught but God make spring?
Purples, greens, whites, reds.
Tuned songbirds’ voices sing.
Could aught but God make spring?
New life to winter’s dying bring,
as unto us though we were dead?
Could aught but God make spring?
Purples, greens, whites, reds.

Dennis Price