Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Juicy Fruit

Many of you questioned the purpose of my sinus surgery this week. Some even hinted that it may have been my brain in need of treatment. Bebe did ask if the CAT scan showed any activity above the sinus areas. My Dr. said he wasn't going there. I saw my doctor yesterday and he once again tested my pain tolerance. He laughed when I presented him with a printed copy of yesterday's blog entry. The occasion for the big sombreros was his birthday. He and another friend had birthdays near the same date and they decided to host a fishing tournament to celebrate. It was a huge success. I am on the mend with assurances that the temporary pain will be worth the benefits I receive in the very near future. I always think of the first words of the "Chief" in "One flew over the Cookoo's Nest" - "Juicy Fruit". He was just pretending to be mute in order to make life eaiser while in the looney bin. I guess I should be mute and not prove to all around that I may be playing with less than a full deck. But, then I find someone who agrees with me and is willing to say it, and here I go again. Take a look and listen to this little clip and see if you heard it first from Pappy.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6b4_1235260822

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll buy a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're a consultant. - Scott Adams