Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blogger's Block


Perhaps it's the sound of pounds falling off, or lightheadedness due to severe sugar withdrawal, but I'm having a spell of Blogger's Block. What didn't I say last year? Have I run out of pithy things to say? I have resumed my reading routine, but dieting and sitting still for long periods brings on an auto hypnosis causing me to read the same paragraph over and over until I'm finally translated into a dream state. My dreams all seem to be about food. I have tried reading blogs, looking at the news, and scanning old material, but alas I'm still not inspired. Tomorrow most folks go back to work. I will try and find some retired cronies to drink coffee with. I hope none order big breakfasts. I know the "cold turkey" method is painful, but I needed to take drastic action so as not to overcome the upper limit of my bathroom scale. I know things will pick up as soon as the votes are finally counted in the Minnesota Senate race. I think they may have stumbled onto something there. Just keep counting new votes and disallowing others until the incumbents are defeated. Al Franken is a professional clown already so he should make a great Senator. Minnesota knows how to pick them. I hope you all have a great week.


Nobody outside of a baby carriage or a judge's chamber believes in an unprejudiced point of view. -
Lillian Hellman