Monday, December 8, 2008

Puzzled

I am puzzled at times by the seeming lack of interest in things Constitutional. I am no scholar, but we elect people to protect our interests related to the rules for governing set down in the U. S. Constitution.

I just read some excerpts from Lee Iacocca;

'Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, 'Stay the course'

You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq , the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving 'pom-poms' instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of the ' America ' my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. I've had enough. How about you?

I'll go a step further. You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged. This is a fight I'm ready and willing to have.


We have an un-vetted President Elect and no one seems that concerned. Well, some people who voted for him are now asking him to release the documents he's had sealed and end the questions once and for all.

Others are suing for the information but getting very little help from the Courts. I, like you, am a small fish and I feel very confused about why these questions can't be answered. We all have an interest in how the aquarium is managed and by whom regardless of our size. I once wrote a poem to highlight this feeling of insignificance.


Life Questions

Little Jack Horner
stands in a corner
and ponders,
all alone.

What if a room
is round?
What can a cat do
then?

Roam around
until he is tired,
then fall down?
Will he make a
sound?

Who would know
if he’s all alone?
An air mallet
beating a xylophone
won’t keep you
up at night.

A single thread will
never be twine.
If there is no
darkness
does light really
shine?

A solitary sentinel
with no one to guard.
So what if he stands
there stiff as a board?

Dennis Price

More Lee Iacocca;

Name me a government leader who can articulate a plan for paying down the debt, or solving the energy crisis, or managing the health care problem. The silence is deafening. But these are the crises that are eating away at our country and milking the middle class dry.

I have news for the gang in Congress and the Senate. We didn't elect you to sit on your asses and do nothing and remain silent while our democracy is being hijacked and our greatness is being replaced with mediocrity. What is everybody so afraid of? That some bonehead on Fox News will call them a name? Give me a break. Why don't you guys show some spine for a change? I honestly don't think any of you have one!

Platitude: an idea (a) that is admitted to be true by everyone, and (b) that is not true. - H. L. Mencken