Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas




Merry Christmas to All

I noticed in 2006 I wrote my Christmas letter on Christmas day. I am making progress. This year I’ve backed it up to Christmas Eve. We are preparing for the arrival of Santa here tonight. Barbara’s brother Sherman is down from New Jersey, and the kids and grandkids will be in and out throughout the next two days.

Barbara is off for a couple of weeks as are the girls. I have been off since January of 2002. I tried a couple of jobs in the interim, but the stress level was too much for my bosses. Mother and Walt are staying in Uvalde this year. They are both 88 and don’t travel well anymore. Walt is currently in ICU after a recent bout with pneumonia and some irregular heart rhythms. He was sitting up in a chair eating his breakfast this morning so I think he’s on the mend.

I have been blogging for almost a year now. I post occasional pictures of the family on the blog if you have any interest in keeping up. You can get to Pappy’s Balderdash by typing, or copying the following address into your internet browser – http://pappysbalderdash.blogspot.com/ . Nothing has changed except my skin. It seems to sag a little more everyday. I’ll be ready for the National Geographic centerfold in a year or two. Barbara, the girls (Amanda and Andrea), and my son-in-law Leonel are going to a personal trainer. I am going to the cheapest gym in the valley. It seems to have a lot more equipment than I’m capable of handling.

Barbara is in full Christmas mode. The house smells wonderful with pecan pies baking in the oven. We are doing the traditional Valley meal of tamales tonight. Tomorrow we’ll have steak cooked on the grill. My job is to turn the Christmas lights on and off during the day and evening as needed. I’m no longer allowed to decorate after putting the Christmas lights out in tangled balls just like they came out of the attic. I think the tradition will catch on, but the girls have another opinion. We have been blessed this year. As I think back on the season, I am reminded of the real reason we celebrate.

JESUS, MAN, GOD


Jesus,
Man,
God,
He who is,
He who was.

He was sent,
But chose to die.
Conquered death our lives to buy.
Arose triumphant,
Reigns on high.

Jesus,
Man,
God,
He who is,
He who was.

Dennis Price

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. That wish comes from all the family. Dennis, Barbara, Uncle Sherman, Amanda, Andrea, Leonel, and the kids.