Friday, November 28, 2008

T-Day Hangover

How did you feel after yesterday's feast of Thanksgiving? I know I tried to only get a little of each dish, but we had so many dishes. Smoked turkey, smoked ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli/rice casserole, corn casserole, cranberry sauce, cranberry apple delight, yeast rolls, cornbread dressing, gravy, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, iced tea, and coffee. I lay almost comatose on the sofa trying to concentrate on the football game. I knew I would never want to eat again. I didn't eat supper, but it was late before I was finally able to fall asleep. This morning I got up and took my coffee for a walk. I had cereal for breakfast, and I'm sure I'll have light fare for the next few days as I attempt to get my waist line under control. We had a great time visiting with family and new friends. I hope your holiday included a wonderful feast. I'm glad we only attempt to eat like that on two or so occasions yearly. Now it is on to a month of nibbling until Christmas. I intend to be very selective with my diet until the big day.

Speak the truth, but leave immediately after. - Slovenian Proverb