Monday, November 24, 2008

Pumpin' Iron

It's Monday night and the football game is on. I have no real interest in pro football anymore. I have decided to slow down the pace of my blogging activity and hopefully enjoy it more. On Saturday morning Bebe was at the gym with my daughters and they snapped this photo of her working out. I may need to pick up the pace of my workouts a little. I was out on a motorcycle ride with the Blue Knights. The Blue Knights are a national law enforcement motorcycle club. One of our fellow officers from South Padre Island was injured on his motorcycle while working Spring Break and the club was supporting a money raising barbeque lunch to offset some of his medical expenses. We left Harlingen with the sun shining and the temperature in the high forties. Before we finished our one hour ride to the island we hit fog and rain. The rain held off during the lunch and it looked like we might make it back without getting any wetter. However, we hit rain again as we got back to town and now my garage is full of leather gear on drying racks. I am trying to walk extra miles this week in anticipation of the Thanksgiving meal. Now that I think about it I should probably should increase the mileage.

My grandpa started walking
five miles a day when he was 60..
Now he's 97 years old
and we don't know where he is.

The advantage of exercising every day
is so when you die, they'll say,
'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'

We all get heavier as we get older,
because there's a lot more information in our heads.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it. - Jane Wagner