Thursday, September 11, 2008

Storm Watch

As you can imagine we have been involved in a storm watch over the past few days. Thanks for all your concern on our behalf. Ike is apparently turning in a more northerly direction and is predicted to make land fall on Saturday morning in between Corpus Christi and Houston. We will continue to watch, but at this time we appear to be in the clear. While we are thankful for not being directly in the path, we continue to pray that Ike will huff himself out over the Gulf. I have tried everything from the sickly sweet, to the brutal truth and some things in between. At each point of departure, I seem to find some followers, some ho-hummers, and some who disagree. I enjoy the mix. I am not really a photographer, wildlife expert, flower guru, or keeper of the family chronicle. I may at times cover one or more of these subjects to fulfill the requirements of a meme, but balderdash is still my forte. I never said I wouldn't post political between now and November, I just said it would be nice if we could end the banter. Apparently the Democrats can't, so I'll be forced to answer in kind.

I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell. - Harry S Truman

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw