Friday, August 29, 2008

Now What?

The convention is over, now what? When you are up to your neck in alligators it's hard to remember your main objective is to drain the swamp. We had some fun yesterday airing our differences and trying to bring reason into the lives of those we feel are lacking. I was not convinced by any of the arguments that differed from mine, and I'm sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that I swayed no one. It's just a relief to air it out now and again. I know you feel as passionately about your views, as I do mine, and I've found it hard to sway anyone once their neck is set. We will probably joust on other occasions before the next convention and trade political jabs. When it's all over and we've exercised our right and responsibility to vote, then whoever occupies the office of president will know the awesome burden of occupying it. I've watched men age before my eyes in four and eight years of service. We should press our legislators for proper service and become involved in letting them know what we expect. We should pray for them all regardless of their party affiliation because they are our leaders. I hope we all take our responsibility as U.S. citizens seriously, and vote. Pick a side and cast your ballot. It is almost a guarantee that at some point in your life you will be disappointed by the politician you voted for. Don't let this keep you from voting. Every once in a while you might just back a real winner. I hope you find our little sessions beneficial and entertaining. I thank you for your bold participation.

The world is governed more by appearances than realities, so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it. - Daniel Webster