Sunday, August 31, 2008

Let It Go

After my nap, I got up and decided to be brave and go to Brownsville, TX to see about getting a new barbecue grill. Mine bit the dust this year. Brownsville has a better selection of stores than Harlingen, but it has possibly the worst drivers in the U. S. Part of the problem is that most of the drivers in Brownsville are not supposed to be in the U.S. After about ten minutes in the Academy Sporting Goods store, Bebe and I decided to let the illegals have it. We got back in the car and I drove directly to South Padre Island. After crossing the causeway bridge, I turned right and drove a short distance to the parking lot of Dirty Al's Restaurant, Bar, and Bait shop. We both ordered the fried shrimp basket and enjoyed watching the boats in the harbor as we ate. Afterwards we drove through town and out to the beach for a nice stroll along the water. It's nice to just let it go now and again. We were a little salty and sandy, but very much rested. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and Labor Day. If you have to work, I'll be thinking about you.

Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld