Monday, July 14, 2008

"Muffin Top" Rides Again


Friday I finally broke down and bought another bike. My daughters have taught me many of the new generation descriptors for various physical types seen in our sedentary society. Since I am no longer forced to work out, I don't. Therefore I am now forced to wear my pants at a level below my actual waist line. The overlap that occurs when you finally get the frontal closures to work is called a "muffin top". I am mentally ready to get rid of it, along with my man boobs, but I just haven't convinced my body that I'm not going to die if I don't get a large vanilla cone at the Dairy Queen. I only notice the condition when I try to put clothes on anyway. The bike is a 2001 Yamaha Road Star. My friend just bought the new 2008 Harley parked behind mine in the picture, and didn't need his old Yamaha anymore. I decided to buy his old one and ride with him so he wouldn't miss it so much. On Saturday, we took the bikes to a "Flea Market" in Brownsville, TX and then we rode out to South Padre Island. The day was perfect for riding. We ran into some other bikers on the way to the island and rode in a noisy band of six for most of the way. Please don't tell my mother I have another motorcycle. I will probably have other adventures to share with you in the coming months.