Thursday, May 29, 2008

Five Blogs That Make My Day.

This was an honor to receive. It reminded me of Clint Eastwood's knarly character, Dirty Harry who was famous for his quote, "Go ahead punk, make my day." That's why I read other folks' blogs. I think Kathie of Sycamore Canyon was on my list of original favorites (and still is). I first heard of blogging through Keanan Brand when I sent a poem for critique. This was followed by an e-mail request from my first cousin Beth who wanted me to look at her blog. I didn't know I would become so enmeshed in this electronic phenom. I can only nominate five and I know many have already been nominated, so I'll try and not nominate twice but I may. So, if you have already been nominated you need not feel obligated to repeat the exercise. Just enjoy your second or third nomination.
The rules for this award are:
1) Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and/or make my day.
2) Acknowledge the post of the award giver (Thank you Kathie!)
3) Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news!
Here are my five choices:
1. Adventures In Fiction: A Writer's Journey. Keanan Brand. An honest and eclectic look at the writer's life, and interesting and informative information on how to become a better writer. Thanks for introducing me to the blogging world.
2. Crumbs From the Corner: Adventures in Woolgathering. The Elementary. Consistently good stories from the heart. I enjoy her writing and her comments. Tell Mater I send greetings.
3. Eagles Roost. Eaglewing writing from Canada. Thanks for the great reviews of all sorts of entertainment media along with a glimpse into your life. One of my first commenters when I started. Thanks for the critiques and the support.
4. Life at Willow Manor. Willow. One of several wonderful contributors who help me stay in touch with the finer things in life. Thanks for all your supportive and encouraging comments.
5. Birdbath Chronicles. Lavinia Ladyslipper. Interesting posts on all sorts of diverse subjects from family to fine art. Lavinia is the most prolific commenter in the blogging world today.
There are many more. Check my favorites list, as well as the sites I frequently visit. Congratulations!