Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Saving Time

I know some of you are like my friend here this morning. The government is once again messing with our internal clocks by continuing the practice of moving the clock around when it suits them. My granddad refused to cooperate. He said he was on God's time. Of course he was a farmer, and didn't have to make a commute or punch a clock. I am enjoying my second cup of Leroy Hill coffee at the same time I always do. The difference is the clock. It is one hour forward of where I usually see it. I'll survive it. I worked in a large office, and we affectionately called one of our secretaries "Duh-nise" because of her frequent displays of, "failure to grasp life as it is." About two days after the change to Daylight Savings Time, she announced that she was really tired of having to work an extra hour everyday. I hope you don't miss any important life events because of the change. I think a little home spun poetry might be the ticket for the day.



White rain,
water chain,
to spring,
then lake,
lazy moon to take
from sky to mist.















AMERICA

Out of revolution,
the grip of monarch’s rule.
Driven by freedom.
Necessity.
Founded on values
from God’s holy book,
the glue that binds,
in trust,
its varied masses.

America

Through fire of war,
without,
within,
was forged in strength
a strong republic.

America

And though the vision dims
in her prosperity,
she rises to the challenge
when tyrants seek
to quell her voice.

America

Blessed by God,
we must hold those
values close
that bound
our loose knit colonies
in their infancy.

America

If I give you a pfennig, you will be one pfennig richer and I'll be one pfennig poorer. But if I give you an idea, you will have a new idea, but I shall still have it, too. Albert Einstein