Friday, March 14, 2008

Blogging

While I was out watching the Mesquite trees bud last night, I thought a lot about what it is that some of us do everyday. Sharing with family and strangers stuff we have been storing up until the technology caught up with us and provided us with a vehicle to do so. I have been trying to wrap my mind around the draw. Why do I want to know what others are thinking, and what is it that makes me stay and look, or read, what they have to say? So, I have a few questions for those of you who come by. Do you have the answers to the questions posed above? Do you read previous posts? Do you comment? Do you read the comments on others' sites? I generally do not read previous posts unless the current post is compelling. I do try to comment, because this exercise is like throwing darts in the dark. You never know if you scored unless someone tells you. So, based on your answers, I will decide if I need to go back and capture some of my previous posts I think others might like, and re-work, and re-post them. I have only been blogging for about two months and I've only had the stat counter on for about a month so I really can't tell. I hope by now you are asking the question in your mind, "Why did he lead with the picture of a gym when talking about blogging?" Well, if you've made it this far through the blather, you have your answer. Just to get your attention. I really do find it humorous the things we do here in this country to maintain some level of physical fitness. We order a triple beef burger with cheese and large fries and top it off with a Diet Coke. I hire my yard work done and go for a long walk while the guys are working. What a country. My gym has mirrors. A lot of guys like to stand in front of the mirror and work out. I try not to see myself in the mirror. I had just finished an arm pumping exercise on a seated bicep machine, and I was really feeling the burn, so I decided to take a sideways glance at my guns. My first impression was not of my biceps, but the appearance of what looked to be an inflated inner-tube under my tee shirt at about the waist line. I felt defeated. I was wondering if I needed to stop by the hardware store for a "Wide Load" sign before I went to the grocery store. Have a great day, bon appetit.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine. - Sir Arthur Eddington