Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


CUPID’S AIM

Eros raised his little bow
and let an arrow fly.
It failed to drop as he had planned
so, hit me in the eye.
He notched another quickly,
but, this one too was high.
I’ve always heard that love is blind,
now, sadly, so am I.


Today we celebrate love. I hope you have prepared something special for someone you love. A young single told me she was celebrating Single Awareness Day or S.A.D. Whatever your take, it is a day to celebrate and acknowledge those who are special to you. I am unloading love poetry today. Some humorous, some allusive, some simple and direct. Go ahead, eat two pieces of chocolate candy.











LOVE SCAPE

Dancing in a dream world,
drunk on love’s sweet wine.
Moving without effort.
Lost to place and time.

Waves roll gently on the beach,
ever rising tide.
Reaching higher with each crest,
turning they subside.

Heartthrob rhythms,
music,
pulsing till the dawn.
Spinning in the dying shadows,
lovers dancing on.










Honor Love

This day we honor love.
I find my love in you.
The wonder in it all,
Is that you love me too.

Red Paper Wishes

I know it looks like
a heart cut from
red construction paper
pasted on card stock.

It’s more.

A thought,
a wish,
a memory,
a feeling.

Hold it close.
Think of me.