If you don't read or listen to anything else today, listen to this!!!
Listen to the Betsy McCaughey Interview. Unbelievable!!!!
"President Obama is pushing Congress to pass health care legislation that could nationalize as much as 10 percent of the economy. Most members of Congress will vote on this bill with no idea what's in it. Rep. John Conyers Jr., Michigan Democrat, disparaged lawmakers for even pretending to read the laws they pass. 'I love these members, they get up and say, "Read the bill,"' he said last week at the National Press Club. 'What good is reading the bill if it's a thousand pages and you don't have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you've read the bill?' Mr. Conyers might think it's an antiquated notion that congressmen actually read legislation, but it is the most fundamental responsibility of elected representatives to know and understand laws and how they will affect the lives of their constituents. That is especially the case with such a gargantuan bill. The House version creates 53 new federal bureaucracies with everything from a Health Choices Administration to a Health Insurance Exchange Trust Fund to a Health Benefits Advisory Committee. Thirty-three entitlement programs are created or expanded. The notion is put to rest that government might cooperate with doctors and patients to work out what is best for providing care. The health care bill uses the assertive word 'shall' 1,683 times. These passages are government mandates that force doctors, consumers and others in the health care profession to do what Congress orders. The word 'penalty' is used 156 times for those who don't follow orders. 'Tax' is referred to 172 times. Mr. Conyers is right about one thing: A legal education would come in handy when reading through this legislation. The bill is 1,018 pages long, very complicated and surely will cause legal disputes about its meaning for years to come." --The Washington Times
Here are a few pages from the monster bill you might want to clue your congressmen in on;
Contact your Representatives and let them know how you feel about this. We, as a country, cannot afford another 1000 page bill to go through congress without being read. Another 500 pages to go.
· Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
· Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
· Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
· Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
· Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
· Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
· Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
· Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
· Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
· Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
· Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
· Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
· Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
· Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
· Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
· Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
· Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
· Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
· Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
· Page 167: Any individual who doesn't' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
· Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
· Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
· Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
· Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
· Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
· Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
· Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
· Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
· Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
· Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
· Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
· Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited from owning and investing in healthcare companies!
· Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
· Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
· Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
· Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
· Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
· Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
· Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
· Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
· Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
· Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
· Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
· Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
· Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
· Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
· Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
· Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services
A little over five hundred pages to go and look what we are being asked to swallow. Don't let this happen America.
My short term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Anon.