Monday, July 7, 2008

Old Love Songs


LOVE’S NOT AN EASY THING

Some folks sing a cheatin’ song,
about someone who has done them wrong.
But, I’m not going to;
I’ll sing a love song that is new.

Chorus:
Love’s not an easy thing.
Sometimes it’s joy, sometimes it’s pain.
But when it’s good
it’s like the gentle rain.
But it’s not an easy thing.
No it’s not an easy thing,
the grass won’t stay forever
green.
To last they both must be maintained.
Love’s not an easy thing.

When you first met your love so true,
you did for her and she did for you.
And things were great when love was new.
Don’t let it slip away from you.

Chorus: Love’s not an easy thing etc.

So tell her daily, “I love you”,
be ever faithful to her love for you.
Forgive the little things for they are few.
And face the world together.

Chorus: Love’s not an easy thing etc.

Just another old song I just made up. Actually this was probably from the mid to late 70's when I thought there might be a chance. I did play and sing in Nashville one night several years ago. We were on our way to Maine and we stopped for the night at the Ramada Inn near The Grand Ole Opry. I had my guitar in the back of the car, so I got it out and took it in the room. Bebe asked me what I was doing, and I told her I was going to sing and play in Nashville. I belted out two or three songs, then put the guitar back in the case. I can now add that to my resume. Hope you have a great week.

A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that only the other one snores. - Terry Pratchett