Thursday, July 24, 2008

Goodbye Dolly!

Greetings friends and fellow bloggers everywhere. Your prayers and well wishes were greatly appreciated. We just got power back about an hour ago and I just downloaded a couple of photos of during Dolly and after. Miss Dolly decided to come to Pappy's house. I was trying my best to wish her on to the unpopulated King Ranch, but Noooooo, she had to come right over my house and stay for a while. She started huffing on us at about 10:00 A. M. yesterday. By noon, we were experiencing her 70 to 90 mile per hour winds and torrential rain. This lasted until about 2:10 A.M. this morning. We lost power just after my last post yesterday. It came back on about an hour ago. Bebe and I suffered minimal damage at our casa and the same with the kids. We were able to get coffee this morning and that made my day.
I had a lot of debris in the pool, but I found the skimmer covers and it looks like we'll be back in business by tomorrow. Pappy didn't get much sleep last night and I was just about out of gas when Bebe snapped this flattering photo. I have since shaved, showered and splashed on some smell goody. Life is sweet (Buff). Bebe and I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers of those of you we blog with everyday. I personally put a lot of stock in prayer and I am always impressed by your faithfulness to do so. I'm not clicking on all cylinders today, so I am not going to attempt anything clever. I'll work on that for tomorrow.