Sunday, June 8, 2008

Remembering Who We Are

It is Sunday morning, dark outside, and I'm the only one up. The ambient noises are really part of the silence because I've tuned them out. Throughout the week we share scenes captured by camera, or memory and sometimes comment on their significance. Or, we rant about things over which we feel we have very little control and draw some comfort in knowing that others have similar thoughts. I know some of you who come and read here do not share my faith in Jesus Christ, and I know on my most eloquent day I could never convince you otherwise. Just know when you feel like there has to be more to life than what you know, there is. In Psalm 46:10 we find these words; Be still and know that I am God. Words for both the believer and the non believer.
When you have exhausted all your earthly strength in trying to make sense of all you see and hear, that's when you'll find God. The difference in the message of Jesus Christ is, it calls for worship of the Creator. All the other religious messages throughout time have called for worship of some aspect of creation. So today just be still. Quit fighting life. Let yourself go. God has always known who you are, and where you are. My prayer is for all of us to have a peace filled Sunday.