Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Great Shepherd

Special thanks to Tom Wigley of Wigger's World for this beautiful pastoral scene. Tom photographs his area of England for us to enjoy and when I saw this picture, it put me in mind of Psalms 23. Many are probably familiar with this song written by David. I am including it without verse designations using the Living Bible transliteration.

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need. He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors him the most. Even when I'm walking through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for your are close beside me, guarding, guiding, all the way. You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as your guest; blessings overflow. Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home.

Peace starts with a smile.