Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pre-Flight Checklist

It's Sunday, and while we get ready to go to the church house we are mentally making preparations for tomorrow's departure for Akumal, MX. For those of you who pray, we would ask you to remember us and ask for journey's mercies. I know many good pilots and have travelled the skies extensively through the years, but I never turn down help from on high. I am changing the procedure this time around. Many of you like to comment when you read the post, so I'm turning off the setting that links to my e-mail. Now you should be able to comment away without overloading my inbox. I am going to try and get some new material while I'm sitting on the beach. I hope you all have a wonderful week.


Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century. - Dame Edna Everage


OBSERVATIONS FROM 30,000 FT.

I observed from a plane, clouds below
like miles and miles of drifted snow.
A polar icecap broken by lakes.

In the distance I could see
giant forms,
icebergs rising from the sea,
geysers billowing steam.

They are soft, I thought,
but feared descent.
These clouds looked hard,
permanent.