Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Morning

Where do you worship? Since the beginning of time man has felt the need to acknowledge something bigger than himself. I think the need to do this was placed in our beings by the Creator. I made a profession of my faith very early in my life, and through the years I have been convinced by personal experience that it was the right thing to do. I will go to a church building this morning to proclaim the worthship of my Creator. It is a time to look outside myself and acknowledge God's presence. I will meet there with others who are seeking to understand just how we are to fit into the greater scheme of life. We come together dispite our warts, moles, and wrinkles and remind ourselves that our role as believers is to serve our fellowman. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. We are a motley crew, divided by many denominational differences, personal prefrences, sects, and orders of worship, but only one faith. The important thing to focus on is how this faith is to affect us. The writer of Galatians, the apostle Paul, says in Chapter 5, vv. 22 & 23; But, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and self control. Against such thing there is no law. I have at times allowed myself to forget what my purpose is and I have permitted my own selfish interests to get ahead of my servant's role. It is difficult living with a dual nature. That's why I choose to make my weekly trek to a building set aside for that very purpose, and fellowship with others who struggle daily with similar personal battles. I hope you have a wonderful week.

NOT IN THINGS


Accumulating wealth won’t satisfy.
They are not ours these things we seek to gain.
But all are gifts delivered from on high.
And apt to leave us quickly as they came.

So we should love more,
pray more, share more
with our neighbors
as we’re blessed.

Thanking God for all that he has given.
Food and shelter as he sees we need it.
Teaching us the meaning of contentment.
Accumulating wealth won’t satisfy.